Core-CT is the name given to Connecticut’s HRMS (Human Resource
Management System) / Financials system. Core-CT replaced many older
legacy systems in 2003 bringing with it the promise of
standardization, increased ad hoc reporting capabilities, simplified
reconciliation, and interactivity with its users. The State chose PeopleSoft (now Oracle/PeopleSoft) as the official Enterprise Reporting System (ERP) for Connecticut.
Core-CT staff is divided into seven teams: HRMS, Financials, EPM-Ad-Hoc Reporting, Security, Technical,
Communications, and Level 1 Help Desk.
Core-CT can be described as being made up of two major pieces.
- PeopleTools, (analogous to the operating system of a computer (e.g., Windows, MacOS))
- Applications (run on PeopleTools)
- Human Capital Management (HCM), or more popularly known as Human Resource Management
System (HRMS), for payroll, time and labor, benefits, and human resources
- Financials for general ledger, purchasing, payables, receivables
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) for ad hoc reporting and Business Intelligence (BI)